EventsThursday, August 16, 2018 12:00 PM - 05:00 PM
For those who have not yet been to a MeetUp, they are quarterly events held at MedTech member locations and open to MedTech members and others to learn about bio/med industry trends and to network with colleagues working in this region’s bio/med community.
Contact Susi Varvayanis if interested in attending; we will sponsor BESTies interested in careers in industry who wish to travel together to Rochester for the event 12-5pm August 16.
The event at the University of Rochester will feature presentations by:
- Judith Dunn, PhD, CEO of the Empire Discovery Institute (previously with Roche, Sepracor and Pfizer) and Chair, NYBIO
- The University of Rochester, University at Buffalo, and Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center have joined together to form a powerful new $47 million-dollar drug discovery partnership that aims to convert the institutions’ scientific breakthroughs into viable pharmaceuticals for commercialization and strengthen the region as a hub for life sciences research and development.
- Stephen Dewhurst, PhD, Executive Director of the Upstate Stem Cell cGMP Facility
- Greg Gdowski, PhD Executive Director of the Center for Medical Technology & Innovation
- David Mitten, MD, Executive Director of Healthlabs
- Brenda Bartok, Telehealth Consortium
- Paul Ballentine, CEIS, University of Rochester CAT
Come and network with academic and industry colleagues, learn about different aspects of each other’s role in the life sciences, and find ways that you may be able to collaborate! We encourage you to pass the word along to your students who may attend for free as part of your registration. Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity!
The day will conclude with a tour of the Clinical & Translational Science Institute (CTSI) and the Upstate Stem Cell cGMP Facility with a networking reception to follow.
See complete details here.
About MedTech Association
MedTech is a coalition of pharmaceutical, biotech and medical technology companies, research universities, suppliers and service providers connecting New York State's Bio/Med industry through collaboration, education and advocacy.
This MedTech MeetUp is hosted by the University of Rochester.
Saunders Research Building
265 Crittenden Boulevard
Rochester, NY 14620