EventsThursday, February 28, 2019
Apply: Engineering Commercialization Fellowship
This fully-funded Fellowship is an opportunity for engineering PhD students to take a deep dive into the commercialization process and determine the real-world applications for their innovations. The program supports Fellows through personalized guidance, mentorship, and a collaboration with Johnson School MBAs, allowing Fellows to focus on developing entrepreneurial behaviors that can benefit them in academia, industry, or in starting their own company.
Commercialization Fellowships are for students who are immersed in a particular technology, but now want to see it through a business lens. PhD students enrolled in any of Cornell Engineering's departments can apply for this fully-funded fellowship.
The Commercialization Fellowship includes a seven-week intensive entrepreneurship training course in the summer and workshops and course work in the fall.
Target Audience: Engineering PhD students who have completed their A exams.
Program Timeline and Commitment:
- Application opens: January 21, 2019
- Application closes: February 28, 2019
- Interviews: Week of March 11-15, 2019
- Offers made and fellowships accepted: week of March 18, 2019
- Participate in the NSF I-Corps Teams Program. There are four cohorts taking place in the summer of 2019.
- Participate in the Commercialization Fellowship curriculum: September-November 2019
- Share your final presentation to a panel for review: December 2019
Engineering Commercialization Fellows Info Session: Feb. 14, noon-1 p.m., Upson Hall Lounge. Lunch will be served.