EventsFriday, May 09, 2014 09:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Simpirica Spine-a conversation with Jeffrey Schwardt
The Cornell BEST Program is pleased to offer the opportunity to speak in an intimate setting with:
Jeffrey Schwardt, Vice President and General Manager of Simpirica Spine, a California based medical device startup that provides solutions for lumbar pain and instability.
Simpirica Spine is developing and commercializing a new spinal implant that is designed to provide minimally invasive, flexion-restricting, dynamic stabilization.
Who should attend?
Any Cornell graduate student or postdoc who is
- interested in industry, entrepreneurship, or management
- thinking of a career step at a small company from the point of view of founder or of joiner (as an early employee)
- wondering what a career path with a bioengineering PhD could look like
- Get an inside scoop on how to take charge of your own future, even if your program doesn’t offer all the solutions
- Hear unadulterated career advice from a mentor who has been in development and commercialization and who has led R&D efforts at various biotech related companies, most recently www.simpirica.com
- Hear about the obstacles and solutions encountered along a career trajectory
- Learn about the business side of science and engineering
- What are the pros and cons of joining a small biotech company?
- See whether an internship at Simpirica Spine is possible and a fit for you
This is not a scientific seminar. For more than engineers.
- We expect lots of informal interaction and time to answer your questions
- Yes, Jeffrey will talk briefly about Simpirica’s cool lead product
Please contact Susi Varvayanis email@example.com or 607-253-4304